Intersect tracks (analysis)
- Analysis title
- Intersect tracks
- geneXplain GmbH
- com.genexplain.analyses (geneXplain analyses)
Intersect intervals of two tracks
- Input track - Study track / Track with intervals of interest
- Filter track - Track to filter input track
- Output path - Path for output track with sampled regions
- Operation type - Type of operation to apply
- Overlap coverage - Coverage of input segment to count as overlap
- Maximal uncovered flank positions - Maximal number of uncovered positions on one side of an input segment
This tool can extract the intersecting or different intervals of the input track in comparison to the specified filter track. The output contains all the intervals identified that are either common or different, respectively.
The parameters Overlap coverage and Maximal uncovered flank positions define what to consider as overlap. The overlap coverage is the relative proportion of an input interval that needs to overlap with a filter interval. The other parameter limits the number uncovered positions (sometimes called "overhanging ends"). Note that this limit is applied to each side of an input interval, not to the total number of uncovered end positions.