Analyze miRNA target enrichment (analysis)
- Analysis title
- Analyze miRNA target enrichment
- geneXplain GmbH
- com.genexplain.mirna (geneXplain micro-RNA)
Analyze micro-RNA target enrichment
- Input genes - Genes to analyze for miRNA target enrichment
- miRNA/gene database - Database of miRNA/target gene links
- Species - Species
- Output path - Path for analysis results
The output is a table of micro-RNAs showing their enrichment in the set of input genes. The result table comprises the number of input genes with at least one miRNA site, the adjusted fold enrichment, the P-value of enrichment, the FDR of enrichment, and the score cutoff with best enrichment.
The fold enrichment shows how much more frequent target genes for a miRNA are in the input gene set versus the entire set of database genes. Enrichment is further quantified by P-value (Fisher test) and FDR (Benjamini-Hochberg method).
The score is database specific, e.g. can be the TargetScan context score or the miRDB SVM score.
This tool takes a set of Ensembl genes and a database of miRNA/target gene links as input and tests for enrichment of micro-RNA targets in the input genes.