Analyze miRNA target enrichment (analysis)
- Analysis title
- Analyze miRNA target enrichment
- geneXplain GmbH
- com.genexplain.mirna (geneXplain micro-RNA)
Analyze micro-RNA target enrichment
- Input genes - Genes to analyze for miRNA target enrichment
- Input gene species - Species of input genes
- miRNA/gene database - Database of miRNA/target gene links
- miRNA species - Report miRNAs with specified species
- FDR cutoff - Filter output table by FDR
- Output path - Path for analysis results
The output is a table of micro-RNAs showing their enrichment in the set of input genes. The result table comprises the number of input genes with at least one miRNA site, the adjusted fold enrichment, the P-value of enrichment, the FDR of enrichment, the score cutoff with best enrichment, and the gene hits satisfying the best score cutoff.
The fold enrichment shows how much more frequent target genes for a miRNA are in the input gene set versus the entire set of database genes. Enrichment is further quantified by P-value (Fisher test) and FDR (Benjamini-Hochberg method).
The score is database specific, e.g. can be the TargetScan context score or the miRDB SVM score.
This tool takes a set of Ensembl genes and a database of miRNA/target gene links as input and tests for enrichment of micro-RNA targets in the input genes.