Visual modeling in BioUML
Visual diagram editing interface is represented on fig.1. It consists of 5 main parts:
- Repository tree.
- Pane for selected diagram.
- Toolbar for new elements adding to the diagram. Type of available elements depends on the diagram type.
- Editor pane for selected element on the diagram.
- Set of tabs for current diagram.
Adding new elements
Visual instruction on how to add species see on figs 2 and 3. To add object to the diagram user should perform next steps:
- click on the correspondent icon on the toolbar
- click on the place for new element on the diagram pane
- edit object properties in the appeared dialog
- press enter
After element is added user may define its additional properties in the editor pane.
Variable properties editing
For model variables editing, BioUML presetn two tabs:
- Variables (see fig. 4) - for variables which are associated with species, compartments or other elements on the diagram.
- Parameters (see fig.5) - other variables.